St. Peter’s has a long tradition of Bell Ringing. There have been Bells at the church since 1595, though at this time they were not rung as they are now.
This changed in 1769 when the bells were recast into a ring of 6 bells. At this time ringers then began to learn the English art of Change Ringing,
The six bells were increased to eight in 1892; in 1991 they were increased to a ring of ten - with a separate ‘Sanctus’ bell, after a local lady who loved the sound of the bells, left a legacy to cover the cost.
As well as ringing for services and on our practice night, we ring at other churches in this area together with their ringers in this area and we are all known as the 1066 Youths. We have an occasional all day outing to different parts our county and sometimes further afield.
For further information click the links to the right